Thursday, February 15, 2007

February 2007

It's February already, and we finally got a good snow storm, nothing to write home about (well I'm doing that now but I guess it was the first real dumping we had all year). William played in the snow and enjoyed it much more than he did last year. Alec prefers the coziness of the house although he is known to take the best naps in the stroller in the garage.. Weird kid!

What have the boys been up to?

William:
  • He's really into arts and crafts these days, playdough, finger paints, collages, crayons, you name it, he loves it.
  • He's completely addicted to Dora the Explorer and Go! Diego Go! not only on TV but in books, toys, etc.
  • He can count from 1 to 14 and knows the alphabet, A for Alec or Ana, D for Daddy, M for Mommy...
  • He says some hilarious things, I need to write them down because of course the mommy brain is not what it used to be.
  • William LOVES his Au Pair Ana, he greets her with a huge Hi Ana every morning, he can't wait to see her (he's been known to wake her up at 5:30AM too!)
  • He really enjoyed Valentine's day, for the gifts and the chocolate, he wants to have Valentines's day every day now!
Alec
  • He started waving this month, I tried to video it with little luck, when he sees the camera he stops and poses for it.Too cute!
  • Alec and I went to Florida for work so Grand-Maman came down to take care of Alec, she had a rough stay, Alec was very sick and inconsolable, she did a great job and we were happy to see her. William stayed home with daddy and Ana and I hear he was very good!
  • So back to Alec being sick, this is the follow up to a terrible January, when we came back from Florida, I took him to the doctor and we found out he had sinusitis, bronchiolitis (again!) and another ear infection, the poor child.. I can't believe he didn't make a peep on the plane even feeling like he was.
  • He's now sitting like a pro, balancing very well, holding toys and playing with them, he's really getting to be a big boy.
  • He loves to chat and make noises and of course smile! As you can see on the pictures, its hard to find a pic of Alec NOT smiling.
Here are some cute videos from February:

Alec waving


William and Colton looking at a photo book together


Singing and laughing with mommy


William loves Steak and cheese


Starting in March, I'll post more often than once a month, stay tuned!

Stephanie