Thursday, March 20, 2008

An Oakley Update

I'm pretty sure I updated the blog about Oakley recovering before but I thought I'd complete it with a post. Since her major ordeal while we were in Florida early February, Oakley is back with a vengeance. Funny enough, everyone who sees her says the same thing: She looks better than when she was sick! So of course, I started trying to figure out what has changed since then..Unfortunately I can't say its because we're taking her out more, I'm trying but work is crazy and the weather has been horrendous.. So the only other variables I could think of was William's new obsession with the dog, he seriously won't leave her alone, always running after her. I doubt that's it :-) Even if it gives her a run for her money. That leads me to the food... I bet that's it! she's been on Welness food. Its basically natural and very high quality food and she happens to love it. Not only does she look great, but she basically doesn't shed.. Anyone who has spent any time in our house will hardly believe that, we usually have hair rolling around ALL the time, doesn't matter what season! We'll see if it stays this way, but if it does, I'll tell you it's worth every penny! I'll give credit back where its due too.. Chris did give her a bath a few weeks ago, so that helped too.

She's a great dog, we're really happy she's still here with us. We're trying to train her a little more with the help of Cesar Millan's tips (The Dog Whisperer) if you are a dog owner and you've never watch that show on National Geographic, you should, its amazing! Oakley is so much better now that we follow his very intuitive methods.

Here's to Oakley being with us for another 10 years!

Steph

No comments: