I'm due for an update..
Oakley (she's the oldest baby):
She's going to be 5 in December, still doing great since she was so sick in February last year, fully recovered! She's a real survivor. As most of you know, I'm a huge fan of Cesa Milan the dog whisperer, so I've been working his techniques on Oakley. She's really a different dog as long as I walk her everyday (yes, sometimes I miss a day and I can tell, she's not her new improved self when I do that!). She used to drive me crazy barking at the UPS man and the postman, now she hears them and runs to her kennel until she hears them leave, I'm so happy! She can also stay with us outside off leash and not run away. She listens to commands, and lets the kids take over her food. They are leaders now! It's amazing how different she is, it's great.
William (non furry child born first)
William is getting to be a big boy, he talks so well and so clearly, it's completely amazing. He's super curious, wants to know everything, how they work, why they work a certain way, it never stops. Sometimes it's hard for the parents to keep answering the incessant questions but he really wants to know so we make the effort :-). He continues to love school and he seems to be a little less shy than he used to be. He has made many friends and he really enjoys playing with them. He has started sounding out words and he's able to put together letters to make words. He's even getting to a point where he can read some words, I'm blown away every time he does it. He's now 43 inches tall and 41lbs, Still a tall skinny kid, he wears 5 year old clothes. He is really into board games these days, wants to play Candyland and Uno all the time and always wants to be sure we keep Alec away, wouldn't want to little brother messing with the game. He plays well with his brother most of the time, they do get on each other's nerves once in a while but in most cases, I think they enjoy each other's company.
He's very excited about his birthday, I can't believe he's going to be 4 soon.. Where has the time gone?
Alec (non furry child #2)
Alec is a little boy, no more baby left. He's an amazing dancer, singer, runner, climber, he's an athlete with musical talents. We know he'll have some sort of musical talent just not sure what it is yet. He's drawn to music and has to keep the beat with his body in some way shape or form, it's adorable! He is speaking a ton now, sometimes it's still hard to know exactly what he's saying but it's getting clearer everyday. He loves to chat and will tell you stories and answer questions accurately. He really understands everything we say to him now. He runs around the house and outside like a mad man, even at the playground, he is so agile, I have heart attacks every time he attempts things I don't think he can do but he rarely fails. He rides his bike like a pro, and keeps up with William in almost every activity. He still has his charming personality, always smiling unless you've annoyed him and then he'll treat you to a major tantrum that can end quickly if you are fast and distract him. Alec is now 37.5 inches and 33 lbs, he's TALL for his age, taller than Will at the same age who was tall too.. I have visions of being a munchkin in a house of giants!
Pics coming soon! Stay tuned
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment