Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ana went back to Brazil

After being with us for 1 year and 9 months, Ana went back to Brazil this afternoon. We are very sad to see her good, she's become part of the family. William was so confused by the whole thing, he kept asking Ana where she would sleep if Theresa (our new au pair coming tomorrow 10/10) was sleeping in her room. I can't believe how great her English is now, she's really accomplished her goal of learning to speak English, I'm very proud of her and all the work she put into it. She made it home safely and her family was waiting for her at the airport. It must be a really weird feeling to go home after so long, excitement, sadness and I'm sure a lot of stress about the future. It's not easy to find a job in Brazil, we really hope it all works out for her. We really hope to visit Brazil someday and of course, we'd love to have Ana visit us too. We won't forget our first au pair, she's set the bar very high for the future au pairs!

No comments: