Saturday, December 15, 2007

About the new job

So I started my new job, in fact, I am still doing the old one and the new one too.. That will change January 1st, thank goodness. Anyway, the new job is really exciting and interesting. I am now a product manager for WebSphere Commerce. I focus on 2 things for now, one product is called WebSphere Remote Server, its a application server bundle for store solutions.
The other part is really exciting, I am focusing on Social Commerce, what on earth is that? Its the integration of the social aspect into online retailing. Most of you are probably familiar with customer reviews provided on etailers websitws, they are very helpful in making a purchasing decision. That's one example of social commerce, in fact a pretty primitive one but its a beginning. There's plenty more coming, we're working on that :-)
My collegue Errol has a blog on customer centric commerce check it out www.customercentriccommerce.com

Anyone who knows me a little knows how perfect this position is for me, I'm really excited about it!

Stephanie

No comments: