Saturday, December 1, 2007

Cars, cars and more cars

It's 7:15PM and both kids are in bed sleeping, and I did it all on my own (Chris is playing poker tonight), how did you do it you say? Easy! Take 2 kids to the New England Auto Show for 3.5 hours of walking and climbing in an out of cars, add a tiny 30 minute nap in the car on the way back and voila! You've got two exhausted kids! Alec was in bed at 6PM and Will at 7PM, ah the sweet sound of silence!

What a hit with both kids, and the parents enjoy it too, complete family outing! The show was fantastic this year, lots of concept cars and some real exotic beauties.. Chris got to see and sit in the car of his dreams (Porsche Cayman S) and William tried so many cars out, I stopped counting. His fearless sidekick Alec enjoyed himself too, he wanted to ride in the passenger seat of every car Will tried out. Maybe this was a preview of their teenage years, I hope so, it would be great if they turned out to really enjoy each other. There are glimpses of the being possible on certain days, others I wonder if William will ever share with Alec or even enjoy him :-)

I was putting William to bed tonight and he said "Tomorrow when I wake up, I want to go back to the auto show!" You think he enjoyed it?? He was a bit disappointed after I explained that its a once a year affair but happy that he'd get to do it again next year...

Maybe by then daddy will get to look at the Porsche Cayman S a little more closely (I have to give the man a little hope!)

I hope all of you readers are having a good night!

Here are the pictures at the auto show:


Stephanie

No comments: