William was quietly playing with playdoh this afternoon, the Tutti Frutti kind that smells like whatever color you are playing with, red for cherry, white for vanilla, you get the picture. All of a sudden, he gets up and says "I put playdoh in my nose!" He's freaked out and sticking his finger in his nose, for what I suppose is removing the playdoh.. Of course, that doesn't work and by the time I get to him, he's got playdoh well established in his nose. So Ana and I proceed to try to get it out, tissue, qtip, we think we've done a pretty good job but he's still screaming and crying that it hurts.. So out comes the saline drops and we start pumping his nose full of them, the water comes back out a wonderful deep shade a blue with a blueberry aroma (Remember, this is Tutti frutti playdoh!) Finally after irrigating his nose (and fighting with him to do so) we get a huge chunk out and he smiles "I am OK now" he says.. Granted, this may sound tragic to you but in the heat of the moment, it was pretty darn funny. I had a hard time not laughing, I even penned a song for William while I was removing it. "William, the blue nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose.." You know the rest.. I hope he has learned his lesson, things come OUT of noses not the reverse!
But you have to admit, it makes for a great blog entry and a story I'll get to tell his children!!
Steph
P.S..: Its snowing outside, if it keeps up this way, we may be buried under snow this winter!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment